‘BWRT®’ stands for ‘BrainWorking Recursive Therapy®’, a model of psychology and psychotherapy created by UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, MCGI. It’s a totally confidential method that does not require you to reveal your private information or personal secrets to your therapist and it is carried out in a completely conscious state. It does not use hypnosis or any concepts that might be considered mystical or unscientific – it’s completely logical, practical and down-to-earth, and for it to succeed only needs you to know what you want to change in your life. Only Certified Practitioners have been trained to deliver BWRT® and all have to adhere to a strict ethical code. Find out more at https://www.bwrt.org
What is BWRT®?
Have you ever been curious about…?
- Why we sometimes can’t stop ourselves doing things
- Why we sometimes feel that we just cannot do something we would really like to
- Why we so often limit ourselves from getting on with life
- Why we sometimes give up on something without even trying properly to do it
- Why we sometimes fear something when there’s no real reason to do so
- Why some situations ‘trigger’ uncomfortable feelings, even though we have no idea why
- Why therapy doesn’t always work as we want it to.
What is BWRT®?
BWRT® stands for Brain Working Recursive Therapy ®. BWRT® is the new kid on the block in terms of psychology and psychotherapy which easily fits in with the contemporary rationale on Neuroscience. BWRT® is created in 2011 by the UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, (MCGI). It is currently enjoying an enviable rise in popularity in the UK and worldwide due to a successful start and a rapid resolution of issues. It has been so successful that it is now employed as the main therapy in a South African mental health clinic and the ‘go to’ therapy for the South African Police Force.
- BWRT is constructed on contemporary breakthroughs in neuroscience and how the brain receives and stores information
- BWRT’s unique concept is that you can keep private any secrets/information from the practitioner. Although, there will be a little information that will be required
- It is important that you know ‘how’ you want to feel rather than how you feel at the moment
- As a practitioner of BWRT I have been fully trained and undergone a number of assessments appertaining to my skills. Moreover, therapists must be vetted, trained and approved – please visit https://www.bbrs.org.uk for further information.
- BWRT is not hypnosis and doesn’t use ‘trance’ states. Furthermore, it doesn’t use tapping, stroking, touching, gazing, ‘energy paths’ meridians or any other else that hasn’t been tested scientifically.
How does BWRT work?
BWRT is a unique standalone concept that is carried out is a conscious state. Therapy can also be undertaken in total confidence where there is no requirement to reveal your private information or personal secrets to your therapist. BWRT does not use hypnosis or is it based on any mystical concepts – it is a very much down-to-earth therapy that is completely logically and easy to grasp. It deals with uncomfortable emotional or psychological triggers before you are even aware of them. Most other therapies work after it has been generated, requiring you to tell the practitioner what you are thinking about – but with BWRT ® the issue is dealt with ‘at source’, even before it gets to the conscious mind. All you need to know is what you want to change in your life for it to be totally successful.
I will fully explain how the process works but as with all processes, you have an important role to play in this process. It is fairly simple in as much as you will have to keep focused on how you want to be.
Please note that if you have an underlying medical issue, I can only work with symptoms in conjunction with and alongside conventional medical care.
How many sessions?
Many issues can be resolved fairly quickly with BWRT, and in some cases in a single session. However, due to the nature of some issues i.e. alcoholism, gambling and identity issues these may take a little longer between 4 – 5 sessions.
What happens during a session?
I will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and the reason why you have come to see me. Sometimes if the situation is complex then I will need to ask you further questions, but it is up to you whether you want to reveal any secrets or intimate details about your life that you may not wish to divulge. I will, however, need to know something of your background to ensure that BWRT is the right therapy for you and advise accordingly.
What can BWRT help with?
Level 1 – General Psychopathology
- Phobias (i.e. social, planes, spiders, cats)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eating disorders
- General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Level 2 – Psychology of Identity and Behaviour
- Eating disorders
- Binge Eating and drinking
- Substance Abuse
Level 3 – Psychophysiology (Mind and Body)
- Autoimmune Illnesses
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Digestive Illnesses
- Cholesterol Problems
- Vasovagal Syncope
As a professional therapist I have been trained in this specific therapy and hold a BWRT certification. (Please do not hesitate to ask for details or visit https://www.bbrs.org.uk/ for a list of registered practitioners.)
Courses and Qualifications:
- Understanding Mental Health (Level 2) 2019
- Warrior Settler Nomad Level 3 (WSN 3) (2019)
- Psychosexual Disorder (2019)
- BWRT Level 3 2018
- Defusing Depression (2018)
- Practical Analysis & CAT (2018)
- Deep Mind Protocol (2018)
- Anger Management (2018)
- BWRT Level 2 (2017)
- SymbioDynamics (2017)
- Warrior Settler & Nomad (WSN) (2017)
- BroadBand for the Brain (BB4B) (2017)
- Smashing Depression (2017)
- Gastric Band (2017)
- BWRT Level 1 (2016)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (2013)
- ANLP Practitioner (2012)
- Quit Smoking Specialist (2012)
Membership of professional bodies
- APHP https://www.aphp.co.uk/
- BBRS https://www.bbrs.org.uk/
- Member of College of Medicine https://collegeofmedicine.org.uk/
- Fully insured with Oxygen https://oxygeninsurance.com
- ICO registered https://www.ico.org.uk
Please click here (https://www.facebook.com/BWRTGuildford/) to join my BWRT Facebook group where you can ask questions.